While cheerleading is associated as a way to make more people interested in sports, the reality is that cheerleading is already seen as its own sports by many. After all, cheerleading includes an endless number of stunts, jumps, cheers, all coordinated with music.
As a cheerleader, you know that you need many hours of practice every single week. Most cheerleading teams need to have their own uniforms, need to pay rent for the place where they train, and there are also the championships which may require the entire squad to travel across the country. So, cheer fundraisers are a crucial part of maintaining a cheerleading team
While cheer fundraisers are nothing new to cheerleaders, their parents and their coaches, the reality is that you sometimes just don’t have good ideas. The truth is, you probably have already done the most popular cheer fundraisers. These may include silent auctions, raffle tickets, car washes, fashion shows, bake and craft sales, among so many others.
Besides, a typical cheerleading fundraiser usually includes some merchandise sales that can include bags, t-shirts, and others.
So, how can you make sure that you make the best out of your cheer fundraisers?
#1: Discuss The Different Cheer Fundraising Options
Before you focus on the cheerleading fundraising itself, it is important that you discuss all the options that you have. After all, you need to take into consideration the goal that you have in mind as well as the best way to achieve it.
The truth is that you should always keep in mind when you are discussing the different cheer fundraising options, is that the more people the event is able to attract, the more profit you will make. Let’s say that you are planning on selling jewelry. This may be a good idea. However, if you choose to sell t-shirts from different sizes and colors, all with the cheerleading team name on it, you may make more profit. After all, jewelry is more meant for girls and women while t-shirts can be sold to both genders.
In addition, no matter what you decide to offer in your cheer fundraisers, you need to ensure that it has a good quality.
#2: Motivate The Entire Team
One of the things that are crucial to ensure that your cheer fundraisers ae a success is to have the entire team extremely motivated and eager to do their best for the team.
So, it is your job to explain exactly what will happen during the fundraiser, what you will be selling, the advantages of what you will be selling, for how much, and how all the team members should behave.
At this stage, it is very important that everyone involved in the cheer fundraiser has a good idea of the goal of the cheer fundraiser as well as the specific amount that you are trying to make. This will help everyone stay motivated toward the target.
Some of the things that you can do to maintain everyone motivated include:
– Keep a good environment among the entire team
– Set up challenges and prizes to whoever sells more in less time (set specific targets and prizes)
– Set up an individual compensation to everyone participating depending on the sales they make
– At the end, ensure that you express your gratitude publicly for all the team efforts.
#3: Communication Is Key
As with everything in life, communication is key to success. It is important that everyone participating in the cheer fundraisers feels free to ask questions as well as give or get directions about the best ways to do things.
Here are some things you should keep in mind to ensure that your cheer fundraisers are a success:
– Everyone needs to have clear instructions about how much money or sales they need to make to ensure that the goal is achieved.
– To ensure that everyone understands what they are selling, the benefits of what they are selling, and why they are selling it, you should write a hand note with all these details included. This will be easier for team members to spread the word about the cheerleading fundraising.
– Use social media and local media to allow everyone to know about the cheer fundraisers.
– At the end, ensure that you express your gratitude in the name of the entire team.